This year has arrived with some questions that companies ask themselves regarding the upcoming labor market situation.
The last year was marked by the control of the worldwide health situation due to COVID-19 pandemic, which required a new adjustment of the labor dynamics to certain contexts.
Apart from the Great Resignation or the Quiet Quitting of essential talents, in this context there was also the return to the in-person modality to many workplaces but, at the same time, it was possible to guarantee the remote work or the hybrid modality in many companies that have preferred so.
Open spaces that are environmentally friendly are crucial in order to establishing agile working methodologies in an innovative and sustainable way, favoring personal development and health. Moreover, it is vital to implement home office through an agreement that supports it.
So it is necessary to be up to date on the upcoming trends in 2023.
This article aims at providing useful information for companies who want to establish guidelines for expanding themselves in a constant worldwide reality:
- Onboarding: the first working months are decisive to guarantee the continuity of the new employees of the enterprise (or their rotation). As this represents a pending in many organizations, it is essential to work with IT talent recruitment specialists to hire the most appropriate candidates, fit the new workers in the company culture and accompany the process of consolidation of successful relationships.
- Company culture based on confidence: one of the most important values for talents’ labor relationships is confidence, either among colleagues or with the organization’s authorities. This can be achieved by building transparent and open communication, promoting collaborative decision-making and encouraging mutual respect and support. This kind of culture can also lead to more productivity, better working environment and greater continuity of employees.
- Fulfillment within the organization: according to a report by Indeed and Glassdoor, nowadays people care more about their health and avoid conflicts or unnecessary stressful situations within their workplace. Instead they prioritize the fulfillment, well-being and happiness that allow them to improve their performance and enhance positive leaderships.
Their goal is to develop a sense of belonging with their colleagues and build sympathetic and supportive bonds, based on mutual respect, regard and inclusion. They try to make a balance between working responsibilities and personal life and they tend to put their values, expectations and objectives in tune with the others.
- Remote and collaborative work modality: taking into account the constant challenges within the business world, several enterprises have decided to design a working plan that can be applied in a short, medium and long term, so talents are able to work from anywhere without commuting and this allows them to get involved in an active and collaborative way by building bonds with their colleagues.
From now on, remote work will be different from the way we performed it during the pandemic, so many organizations must adjust to the teleworking law, both part-time and full-time jobs.
- Multiple employment: due to the boom of remote work, the involvement of collaborators in certain projects has changed. The remote work modality is more related to goals and tasks fulfillment rather than the pursuit of productivity and greatest performance. Talents want to manage their own time rather than comply with a fixed timetable and, at the same time, they work on various job proposals to increase their earnings.
- Flexibility in the team dynamics: at this moment, organizations aim at boosting their freelance members’ performance and career in order to guarantee a great experience in the different stages they work on. Every member of the team has the objective of collaborating in common projects according to their knowledge and technical skills or learning them when necessary.
After the health emergency, young people are showing that the productivity era, as it was seen before, is being left behind: now it is being replaced by the goal fulfillment within a flexible time scheme and independence.
Moreover, the idea is to link productive time with leisure through this scheme, that’s why talents need holidays and days off according to their convenience.
- On-demand holidays: remote work requires a change of mindset for talents and business people. This is because compulsory breaks and time off, which are established according to an agreement depending on important dates, are a thing of the past. Now there is another logic regarding time management, as collaborators are the ones who define how long their holidays will be, without any limits established by law.
As it is common every year, those organizations that are ready to face the fixed events and to deal with the unexpected are the ones who will be in the best conditions to take up challenges, overcome obstacles and move forward.
Accelerate your digital transformation. Click here!
Access the world’s best jobs. Apply as Talent