The secret of effectiveness lies in a Culture of Open Talent
Companies today face a critical juncture as they strive to innovate their practices and dynamics while still maintaining traditional work schemes that require physical presence in the office. This has led to a constantly changing company culture that leverages technology and the internet to find new and better ways of exchange beyond face-to-face work. The
Companies today face a critical juncture as they strive to innovate their practices and dynamics while still maintaining traditional work schemes that require physical presence in the office. This has led to a constantly changing company culture that leverages technology and the internet to find new and better ways of exchange beyond face-to-face work.
The labor market’s current reality reflects the new needs of both enterprises and freelance workers. Companies must decide whether to continue their talent recruitment and selection processes as they have in the past or explore new methods.
Regardless of their approach, companies must embrace the new virtual model and incorporate platforms and digital resources into their work. The opportunities presented by this new situation justify the importance of respecting and including diverse options.
To create an open talent culture, companies must remain in constant contact with collaborators and other companies, increase talent sources by seeking flexible and open ones, encourage talent flow while respecting time, roles, and specific needs, and commit to recruiting new talents.
The goal is to prevent a company culture from becoming closed, blocked, and rigid, as this traditional talent system limits the flow of resources and hinders profitable exchange. Most organizations still adhere to a traditional working model – the permanent employee with a fixed schedule – that cannot keep pace with the rapid pace of change in the information and technology sectors.
Promoting an open talent culture does not mean accepting everything equally, which can lead to disorder. Instead, it allows for greater energy, idea flow, and task sharing, leading to innovative solutions within the organization.
In this context, the foundations of the open talent culture are:
- Transparency and openness. Once the new temporary members are incorporated, new information and methods exist to solve problems. The openness to new information and methodologies is the key to the company’s success.
- Agility and dynamism. Open talent cultures are abundant in suggestions and experiences from freelance workers who, as a global community, provide a specific approach to share new tools and methods.
- The incorporation of global talent promotes the addition of different cultures and ways of thinking. The fact of having a culture that is focused on inclusion will improve the results significantly.
- Collaborative environment. It is essential to understand that, to achieve the best performance of remote workers, we must collaborate openly.
- Management by objectives. Open talent cultures hire employees who work by projects. The enterprises that apply this methodology have fewer permanent labor relationships.
- More predictability. One of the main problems of an organization is to be able to know which actions it may need in the future. In this context, with an open talent culture, the functions of the employees are reduced and remain without internal background which makes them unable to operate. There is no prejudice when leading change.
What’s the use of keeping a fixed work team in which its members feel blocked, without any chance of growing and even any clear goals? For what purpose do we resist taking advantage of the new work dynamics?
The current work models must be more and more aligned with the hybrid schemes and the dynamism of the context in which they are developed. Having a close talent culture that does not go together with external events and trends causes the loss of effectiveness at all of its organizational levels.
An enterprise that maintains its open talent culture, with its front doors in constant movement allowing employees to move freely, is likely to have more effectiveness when showing the results.
This is not a new trend but the promoters of the open talent culture allow the mixed and flexible labor force to increase at a pace that has not been possible so far.
The Flock helps you accelerate your digital transformation. Build your Team Now. Click here!
Access the world’s best jobs. Apply as Talent