The Key to Remote Work
The last year’s pace has been set by the new challenges that arise in the companies. Beyond the development of virtual strategies due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the key to Remote work is the new work conditions, and new necessities for business people and collaborators are considered, as well as new possibilities for satisfying them
The last year’s pace has been set by the new challenges that arise in the companies. Beyond the development of virtual strategies due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the key to Remote work is the new work conditions, and new necessities for business people and collaborators are considered, as well as new possibilities for satisfying them to obtain greater working comfort.
One of the most innovative decisions that enterprises have been making is moving from a 100% face-to-face or synchronic modality to a virtual or asynchronous one, although it is in a partial and graduated way.
The home-office modality does not require doing tasks in real-time nor attending face-to-face meetings (or not fully). This allows the distribution of responsibilities among the members of the company. Therefore, projects move forward together with more independence and autonomy from the people involved in them.
Asynchronous work brings greater efficiency and better team performance,
With the help of optimized communication, fewer distractions, and more transparency in the decisions and choices that are made.
Through labor dynamics, there are more and more businesses that aim at decentralizing employees’ working times and spaces.
To attract qualified talent, it is essential to understand that, thanks to asynchronous participation, productivity can rise, objectives can be met in the shortest time possible and the autonomy level of performance in an organization can increase. This enables enterprises to take a leap toward projects that require more intensity and depth in their realization. And this means including larger amounts of people involved in them, as well as being articulated with other worldwide ones.
The advantage of applying greater flexible working strategies is the elasticity of the relationships of the companies, both internal and external. Moreover, it brings creative, new, and customized contributions and proposals, which enables a much more efficient way of working.
As this is a new modality that will stay, the benefits of the asynchronous work for the IT talent will be mentioned below.
- Independence related to dates, schedules, and location: in worldwide projects, every person is in a different place, so the time zone also varies, which has an impact on their time availability. Working asynchronously allows using time and location properly in search of the implementation of a plan, without depending on others.
- An in-depth look at tasks within the project: it is possible to deal with every project with a deeper approach, paying attention to its distinctive features and details. The greater productivity moment of every talent can be chosen to achieve that task.
- Focus on objectives and deadlines: by implementing the asynchronous work, the main aspect is meeting the objectives. Thus, it is more possible to ensure the compliance of the project within the scheduled time.
- Autonomy: every member of the team works when they decide to. Under this modality, it is understood that each person has different necessities, which permits true flexibility and freedom.
- Performance within the team of the enterprise: by learning to work in this way, the members increase their individual and team performance, as time is more efficient.
Staff Augmentation in your business: What it is and How it Works?
It is known that this kind of labor organization is a way of working and, contrary to predictions, it is a format that promises to stay definitely.
The fact of not executing it could be risky for companies by calling into question the possibility of hiring new talents who work in this way without exception.
Let’s mention some requirements to take into account for its greater use:
- Train the employees in the digital tools that are needed to put the asynchronous mode into effect. There are more and more specific digital tools and platforms for every area of the labor market. They can be used according to the special features of each project. Knowing and using them is essential if you want to implement this way of working.
- Choose the most adequate means of communication, either to make consultations, give notices, or to reach an agreement with the team. In asynchronous work, communication decreases but, at the same time, it is optimized, as what is communicated represents what is truly important and the project cannot go forward without it.
- Establish a joint work plan, in which the steps, roles, and tasks of every employee are specified. Before starting with a certain project, it is convenient to plan what it will be about and how it will be developed.
- Define objectives to meet, deadlines and considerations to take into account for its normal development: it is not possible to work without setting deadlines and objectives to meet. This must be the starting point for all the projects.
- Create a meeting agenda for the asynchronous meetings, which makes it possible to share, revise and assess the execution of projects and the asynchronous experiences of the members of the team.
5 tips for creating successful Remote teams
10 keys for creating a remote business culture
This new work scheme needs new requirements, so all the members of the company must keep themselves up to date.
The Flock helps you accelerate your digital transformation. Build your Team Now. Click here!
Access the world’s best jobs. Apply as Talent