10 keys for creating a remote business culture
The remote business culture is related to the values, objectives, missions, and views of a certain company and the employers are the ones who transmit them to the employees, who share them with each other in every project. This remote business culture represents the structural foundation, whose purpose is to create a sense of belonging
The remote business culture
is related to the values, objectives, missions, and views of a certain company and the employers are the ones who transmit them to the employees, who share them with each other in every project. This remote business culture represents the structural foundation, whose purpose is to create a sense of belonging and promote not only mutual support and cooperation among the members of the enterprise but also compliance with the schemes and working rules.
Regarding the internal level, it is expressed throughout the adopted modality and guidelines that regulate the working dynamics but it also controls the relationships among the employees. Those who work for a certain organization feel identified with its proposal, so they adapt their behavior and their way of perceiving what they perform there. But at the external level, it can be present in the exchange and collaborations that the company has with other enterprises.
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic
many companies had to start to consider other options completely different from the traditional working model. On this point, we should focus on the factors that allow current companies to keep on track and go for virtuality.
The challenge of creating this culture within the remote model requires new strategies that aim at maintaining communication, emotional intelligence, and empathy. Besides these strategies promote leadership and make the learning of necessary tools easier in a continuous, efficient, and coordinated way.
By the latter, it is essential to point out that, as they do not share a physical space in this new model, employees’ expressions, gestures, and behavior during their virtual meetings are crucial in terms of dialogue and exchange with others.
As part of these new marketing strategies, it is also important to highlight which are the market needs that the company can fulfill in the present, which are the skills and techniques to do so, and which will be the objectives. This enables the enterprise to pay attention to its client’s needs and desires and design a plan to satisfy them.
Moreover, the organization must take action to accompany and strengthen every employee’s and team’s development by promoting the fulfillment of tasks, and the meeting of deadlines through joint agreements and criteria.
In this article, we will review some aspects to take into account when creating a business culture:
- Defining the company’s personality and values: this means not only clarifying the features by which the members will be able to interact with each other and with their clients but also outlining which are the values that they will defend in those interactions.
- Being clear about the mission and view of the brand for developing tasks: employees must be aware of what the organization is like nowadays and where it is going ahead. So the entire purpose of the company, the needs and demands they want to comply with, and the strategies must be clarified.
- Encouraging employees to accomplish the organization’s goals: it is essential to let them know about the benefits they can get when meeting the deadlines in search of complying with those goals.
- Motivating employees to learn new skills: the market is constantly changing its conditions, so the workers must be up-to-date by learning the necessary skills to remain in it. This will allow them to be more versatile and move forward in their career.
- Providing tools for leadership development within the team: the enterprise must accompany and allow its members to make decisions and solve conflicts proactively, keeping the connection of the team in search of guaranteeing everyone’s well-being.
- Acknowledging every worker’s performance: receiving recognition makes workers feel appreciated by the company. Being aware that you are doing well and that contributes to the normal whole operation is gratifying to continue improving.
- Promoting mutual support and collaboration within the work team: actions must be taken to boost the team spirit and encourage collaborative work, so they can help each other.
- Generating gathering spaces, no matter how far they are: it is essential that there exist areas outside the working environment, where employees can meet with each other virtually, share common interests, express genuinely, and build bonds with their colleagues.
- Boost communication between employers and employees flexibly: by adopting more independence and autonomy, remote work involves holding another kind of strategy for communicating. To do so, the most adequate channels to share relevant information must be defined. When and how that will happen should also be established.
- Improving body language in the digital world: in this type of meeting, the body has a different role from the one it used to have in in-person meetings. So, it is recommended to pay attention to non-verbal expressions and observe and listen carefully to others, apart from verbal communication.
The Flock helps you accelerate your digital transformation. Build your Team Now. Click here!
Access the world’s best jobs. Apply as Talent